CFP are about to start their Winter flu campaign.
Appointments can be made now for Monday 2nd October onwards and Patients can attend either Cheam or Gander Green Lane surgeries.
Vaccines are available from 21st September and so if a patient has a doctor or nurse appointment between 21/9 and 2/10 they can have the vaccination at the same time.
Please contact the surgery to make a flu jab appointment.
Flu vaccinations are free for the following groups :
- Those who will be 65 or over on 31/3/2018
- Pregnant women
- Patients with specific medical conditions -
- chronic (long-term) respiratory diseases, such as asthma (which requires an inhaled or tablet steroid treatment, or has led to hospital admission in the past), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), emphysema or bronchitis
- chronic heart disease, such as heart failure
- chronic kidney disease
- chronic liver disease, such as hepatitis
- chronic neurological conditions, such as Parkinson's disease, motor neurone disease or multiple sclerosis (MS)
- problems with your spleen - for example, sickle cell disease or if you have had your spleen removed
- a weakened immune system as the result of conditions such as HIV and AIDS, or medication such as steroid tablets or chemotherapy
- being seriously overweight (BMI of 40 or above)
This list of conditions isn't definitive. It's always an issue of clinical judgement.
- children over the age of six months with a long-term health condition
- children aged two and three on 31 August 2017 - that is, born between 1 September 2013 and 31 August 2015
- children in reception class and school years one, two, three and four
- Patients in long-stay residential care homes
Full details are available on the link to the NHS website